Appalled at service & false promises

AshantiWright1972's review of 123-Reg - www.123-reg.co.uk

“Appalled at service and false promises”

Written on: 07/08/2014 by AshantiWright1972 (1 review written)

I began with a shared hosting package at 123-reg and was appalled at the speeds. With a content-less site, it was taking so long to load that I was timing out. This was not an issue specific to me and was happening for all users and for all shared hosting customers. I lost lots of customers as a result and discovered this was because overstuffed servers. Nevertheless, the customer service was good so I stuck with them.

I was told the VPS servers would be quicker and when I mentioned I had no technical knowledge they said it was simple and I just had to follow a tutorial to migrate the site. So I signed up at £30 a month, followed the tutorial and it didn't work. I then received another tutorial for something completely different, and when that didn't work they said they could migrate my site for me for £200! I was shocked as this was like a setup to a dodgy email trick: lie to me, feed me misinformation and then promise to make my life easier with a cash sum.

This is something they promised me was quick and easy. So as well as paying £300+ a year for VPS servers I can't use (and was tricked into buying) they then tried to get another £200 from me for doing their job!

Another site offered me VPS servers for the same monthly price and also promised to do the migration for me for free. In hindsight I was stupid for not accepting their offer and for remaining with a company that sees me not as a customer, but as a cash cow that they can milk at every opportunity.

Visit 123-reg.co.uk

Webfusiononline's Comment

Written on: 26/08/2014

Good Afternoon, my name is Daniel and I work here at 123-Reg.

I Have come across your post and would like to investigate into this.

I would like to help look into this further for you, if you could comment details such as your Username or ticket number. I will look into this further for you.

Kind Regards,