Alright

Mitchell-Fellingham's review of 123-Reg - www.123-reg.co.uk

“Alright ”

Written on: 11/06/2014 by Mitchell-Fellingham (1 review written)

I decided, after taking into account some of the awful reviews about 123-Reg that I would not buy web hosting for the following reasons

- Many reporting website slow, not responding fast enough

- Many reporting downtime and unexpected failures which shouldn't occur

So I bought a domain instead and used one of my older computers

(Packard Bell iMedia A3622 4GB RAM, total usable space 462GB)

as a host.

After a wait of almost an hour, I sent a random message to a blank screen, which must have elevated my priority, becuase the next minute I was talking to someone on live support.

Positives:

- Relatively simple to use

- Cheap*

- Offers lots of features, such as email and WHOIS privacy, which does work

Negatives

- *They try to throw in a lot of deals without you noticing, which will end up costing you more

- Support takes a long time to get to you, but is helpful enough when it does
-- Try typing a message before an agent gets to you, it seems to elevate your priority

I asked if it was possible to use my own server, and they then redirected me to one of their more simple, easy to follow guides which shows you how to link your domain to your own iPv4 address.

Right now I am in the process of removing my account and domain from their grasp, simply because all I'm trying to do is test all the domain registrars to compare cost and usability.

Visit 123-reg.co.uk