Making Cancellation Impossible

Guest's review of 123-Reg - www.123-reg.co.uk

“Making Cancellation Impossible”

Written on: 23/01/2014

123 Reg hosted my web services for a couple of years.

I recently tried to cancel all services and found it almost impossible to cancel!!

Logged in to control panel and found no options to terminate.

Sent in a support ticket and the next day got an email saying can't cancel "phone us to verify your security details"???? WHY WOULD THEY NEED THIS WHEN i HAVE LOGGED IN TO SEND A TICKET?

Phone took 35mins to get through then cut off!

Logged in and got chat support. Asked to cancel and was told that I had to phone in for security checks?

Phoned - 35mins again, got through and was told that I would need to speak to web hosting - put on hold for 20mins....

Finally cancelled...Hallelujah!!!

Just to be safe, cancelled paypal agreement...

It just shouldn't be this hard to cancel!!!

They just want you to go away and forget about it!

Visit 123-reg.co.uk

123Regonline's Comment

Written on: 27/01/2014

Good Afternoon, my name is Karra, I work here at 123-Reg.

I would like to confirm the reason for having to contact our support is to ensure there is no unwanted loss of data as well as making sure security is passed and confirmed we are speaking to the account holder.

If you require any further assistance I will be more than happy to help if you can just confirm a Ticket ID I can look into this for you.

Regards,