Refund

thomasm1964's review of 123-Reg - www.123-reg.co.uk

“Refund”

Written on: 19/07/2013 by thomasm1964 (1 review written)

I had an issue with 123-reg.co.uk automatically renewing a domain I was fairly certain I had not set to auto-renew (because I never do). I'm not happy with the fact that the first you know about this is when the invoice hits your email and the money has already left your account,

That having been said, the support staff member with whom I dealt offered no argument. He simply confirmed I wanted to cancel the renewal and then arranged for the refund to be paid - can't fault him for that!

I would very much like 123-reg.co.uk to send advisory notices BEFORE taking money from customers' accounts so that control always remains with the customer. That is a business process change which really needs to happen if 123-reg.co.uk does not want to risk losing customer trust. I understand how inertia selling works but I would just remind 123-reg.co.uk that I - and other customers - remain free to transfer to a different registrar if we feel we are being milked. Not something I want to do because I have always liked the service and trusted the business ethics thus far.

Visit 123-reg.co.uk