What a shambles

Hughsax's review of 123-Reg - www.123-reg.co.uk

“What a shambles”

Written on: 08/03/2013 by Hughsax (1 review written)

I unfortunately had to ring customer service at 123 to try to regain control of our domain name from an internet design company who had been managing it for us. We had changed home address since buying the domain name and rightly 123-reg asked us to provide evidence of our previous address and evidence of our new address. After going across town twice to fax the required information (they lost the first lot of faxed information) we were given the runaround for two weeks by staff. On the final phone call I was told that they had the received the information but now the problem was that a phone bill is an invoice and not a bill as it has not been paid????? The assistant became irate when I asked what a 'paid' phone bill looked like. In the end I had to ask for a supervisor, who spoke to his manager who had the sense to accept a BT phone bill as ID and proof of address. In all an unpleasant experience, more painful than pulling teeth.I've transferred the domain now as I don't ever want to deal with these guys again!

Visit 123-reg.co.uk

Webfusiononline's Response to Hughsax's Review

Written on: 11/03/2013

Hello,

I work here at 123-reg and I would like to have the opportunity to look into the support you have received in a bit more depth so I can use the information to identify improvements we could make.

As I am sure you can understand, in a situation involving access to a domain name we do need to ensure that we only give access to the legal domain name owner. It is true that we do require bills rather than invoices. A BT landline bill would be one of our accepted forms of proof however I can see from your post that in your case it appears that you experienced difficulty using this. If I can look into the support you received I will be able to feedback to those involved to try and avoid situations like this again in the future.

If you would like me to look into this please send details of the domain name, support ticket ID or your username over to customer experience @123-reg.co.uk. If you have any other feedback you like to provide I would be pleased to receive that too.

Regards,
Nerys

Hughsax's reply to Webfusiononline's Comment

Written on: 12/03/2013

I've already wasted two weeks, what I rang up for was support. I didn't get any! I don't need anything else now! the domain is now with uk-cheapest thanks anyway! The main thing you need to do is when you receive a fax with a domain name written on it is to attach and relate that fax to that domain concerned. I rang Somerset from Birmingham and got someone to go across town to a fax bureau to send the details you asked for. You promptly lost those. I then rang Somerset again asked that person to go across town again a week later. I rang up to find out if you had received that fax, I was told you didn't know because you receive 100 faxes a day? What's that got to do with me? In spite of that, I rang the fax bureau and found out the time the fax was sent and got their fax number and called you back. You eventually found the fax. I was then told the problem was that a BT bill was an invoice and not a bill. It was at that point I asked for a supervisor who reiterated that a phone bill was not sufficient ID. Your supervisors manager was consulted and decided a BT bill was sufficient ID????? You asked for a fax we sent two. I didn't use the word shambles lightly! We've got businesses to run We complied with your requests. Your company took two weeks to confirm who we were. We sent Inland Revenue papers with address details and a BT bill with address details at the first request. For two weeks we were unable to update crucial data on our website because of you couldn't sort and handle simple data which you asked for.

123-reg.co.uk