Waste of Money

Guest's review of Brita Aqua Fountain Water Filter Chiller

Brita Aqua Fountain Water Filter Chiller

“Waste of Money”

Written on: 09/03/2012

The best selling points about Brita Aqua Fountain Water Filter Chiller was 'its looks' and worktop convenience. After six months use the machine began to emit a very tractor-type noise. The filtering system began to fail as 'floaties' began to appear in top reservoir of fountain - an unhygienic factor compounded by a build-up of 'gunk' in spout of water faucet - hence as I was of the opinion I may have used a batch of 'faulty' filters I changed (quite unnecessarily)the filter before the Memory table had dropped to one bar.

Eventually, as the constant changing of filters had no impact upon the 'gunge' like substance I stopped using the machine - and reverted to using shop-purchased bottle water. I would have complained to Britva about the problematic machine but unfortunately the guarantee was no longer applicable.

In hindsight, I should have checked the internet for the history of the Aqua Fountain. If I had known there was problems with the machine then I would not have purchased the fountain. I will continue to use bottle water.

Not including the cost of purchasing a machine not 'fit for purpose' I expended quite a substantial sum of money on replacement cartridges. Needless-to-say, in my opinion, the logo of Brita has been tarnished and in future I intend to avoid the purchase of any item with the Brita brand mark.

• 6 - 12 months