Was very happy until..............

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

carolB123's review of LG Steam Direct Drive WM 14440 TDS

“Was very happy until..............”

Written on: 14/05/2012 by carolB123 (14 reviews written)

I was very happy with my machine. Very quite and washes really well.I had this machine delivered on 2nd May 2012 and up and running within 2 hours. Tried the steam refresh cycle and although it did what it says on the instructions, I didn't find it was the best cycle might as well have done a quick wash. Any way today my new 13 day old machine decided to pour water all over my floor. Stopped the cycle , just pressed the off button and within seconds managed to open the door( not so easy with other machines, need to reset and drain).Opened the door and to my horror the door seal has come away form the rim of the door opening. The large holding ring has obviously not been tightened up correctly. I have phoned LG as this is what the website say they prefer, not Debenhams that I purchased the washing machine from. Phoned them and spoke to someone who took my number and told me that a technician will phone me back as they had no one to take my call at that moment. 3 HRS LATER AND NO CALL BACK. Watch this space for an up date

• 1 - 6 months

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

Carolb123's Response to carolB123's Review

Written on: 18/05/2012

Waited for 5 hours, still no call back from LG. Called them back and they took my details and told me that an engineer would call me back and make arrangements for repair. I went on to ask how long would it be for the repair and was told that it would aup to 48 hours for the engineer to phone me and he would then give me a time frame for repair. I told LG that this was not acceptable as the machine is only 14 days old. No real empathy from the call handler. No offer of faster assistance taking into consideration how long I had been in possession of the machine. He went on to inform me that I was within my rights to ask for the machine to be replaced as I was within the 28 day replacement contract. I said OK I will have it replaced. Yes you have guessed it they will not replace it I have to go back to the shop where I PURCHASED it. LG customer services just seemed as if they just wanted to pass the butt. Thank goodness for Debenhams customer services. They immediately offered to replace the machine but they would not have my particular machine for 4 days because it was out of stock at the warehouse and then it would take anther 24 hours to deliver. I said that I need a machine next day and I didn't think that I should have to wait longer than a maximum of 48 hours for a replacement. I was given the offer of an alternative machine. I was then put onto a sales person and he told me what was in stock and available for next day delivery. |I was offered a larger load machine 8kg and all the spec were the same but no steam function. I realized after using the machine that the steam function was not going to be a program that I would use, so I agreed to the alternative option. Next day delivery,and £72 cheaper that was returned to my account. Now that is what I call good customer service.