Poor Quality Machine

• Style

• Service & Support

wozzer69's review of Hotpoint Aqualtis AQXXD169PM

“Poor Quality Machine”

Written on: 28/06/2011 by wozzer69 (1 review written)

Seemingly like many other users mine continually suffers from the plastic paddles snapping off. I've lost time of how many sets of replacement paddles I've ordered but shortly I'll have paid for the cost of the machine again! Whilst the machine is very easy to use and it accomodates a capacious load, the aforementioned design flaw really starts to diminish such benefits. For someone like me who wants simplicity when washing their clothes the operation of this machine is great. The digital display shows useful information including the remaining washing time which is a real handy feature. On the face of it the machine has much to be appreciated. However the £300 or so I paid has essentially increased significantly with the need to purchase extra paddles. Hotpoint said this was due to overloading or the washing of footwear in the machine, neither I which I practice. Frankly they were rude, dismissive and totally uninterested in my complaint. For their (lack of) customer service alone I would never ever consider buying a Hotpoint machine again.

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Written on: 24/07/2011

rude isnt the word arrogant and stuck up ! i threatened them with my solicitors coz they werent going to fix my machine due to lack of engineers! i am awaiting a new arrival of a new washing machine ! :) they have probably vandalized it lol i hope not lol

Written on: 02/05/2012

iv had mine for 4 years now and havent had any problem what so ever i think the reviews are from a very small minority that had a big problem with there's and realy felt like they had to write there review in the first place whilst googling for expert opinion why there machine had brocken down in the first place.....Im one of the rare people thats happy with my machine and writing a reviw......because all thows with "and lets face it!" with good working machines arnt googling in the first place..

its the best machine iv ever had "Pricey" but I definatly got what I paid for...end of!

Written on: 01/08/2011

I bought a Hotpoint Aquarius WMF 760G 10 days ago, and already one of the plastic paddles has snapped off. My worry is what happens to the broken plastic bits? Do they get under the drum and cause further faults.

I have to wait 5 days until an engineer visit. And yes - the Hotpoint service office were less than helpful.