If lock broken through the whole thing

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's review of AEG Lavamat-Turbo 16820

“If lock broken through the whole thing”

Written on: 31/05/2013

I have an AEG Lavamat 16820. It has worked fine for the last 2 years I got it (used, came with the apartment).
Now last week the lock broke, meaning you cannot open the door normally. I called my usual technician (not AEG), he came yesterday and he couldn't dismount the door layers as they are glued together, I saw it myself. He took the door in his workshop and called me to tell me he still couldn't open it up. I called the AEG service and they told me the door is very easy to open up, juts unscrew the 6 screws, which is a false information. Finally I checked the Internet and I haven't found a single post of someone being able to take this door apart, NOT a Single POST. On the contrary lots of posts of people who Couldn't open it up at all.I am not sure what will finally happen but getting it repaired by AEG is not an option (just getting the guy here is more expensive than a new machine), changing the whole door would cost around 200€?
Result IF THE LOCK breaks on you, and this happens a lot, very often, check the post on the Internet YOU CAN THROW THE WHOLE THING TO THE GARBAGE because it obviously has been designed with this in mind.

My rating is not based on the qualities of the machine when it works but on the fact that with such a slight glitch it is good for the garbage.

I feel deceived and I am never going to buy anything from AEG again since they have so little respect for their clients.

You have been warned.