Just like Nanas home made chips

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Hamarastar's review of Y Cantreff Inn, Abergavenny

“Just like Nanas home made chips”

Written on: 15/11/2012 by Hamarastar (1 review written)

Walked in with husband and two little ones, pleasantly surprised by the fresh and modern feel to the pub, entrance is lovely and cosy, we had lunch, chicken just how
Hubby likes it perfectly cooked not
Undercooked a bit, home made chips delicious, never had chips
In restaurant home made before, scampi was delicious and tasty and we had a lovely lunch. The staff are genuinely lovely people willing to do anything for you, both husband and wife were friendly and down to earth. Overall we enjoyed it so much there we decided to book our Christmas lunch for Christmas day for our family ,as the lunch is homemade traditional as our children would like, so very excited to return for Christmas lunch 10/10 for a lovely afternoon and child friendly 100% now that's one big plus for the added star!
The pub is newly run so ignore any old posts because I am very sure this couple is going to make a good success with the running of the restaurant as I hear the chefs they have there are good, well done first impressions count they made our day a lovey one, thank you !
The only thing I didn't like was the half glass of juice, for child yes, but asked to fill up to the top, I think a full glass is polite than half. But very happy with all.

• British

Food Type

• Once a month

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all