practically useless

• Service & Support

bobcat171's review of Vax Power 2 Pet

Vax Power 2 Pet

“practically useless”

Written on: 24/10/2011 by bobcat171 (1 review written)

Having owned a Dyson for 13 years before having to replace it I suppose I'm spoiled but I expected more from this machine after reading the rave reviews. At first it was acceptable - not great. The design is terrible, it's a difficult and extremely messy job to empty the cylinder, and the filter is a nightmare as it constantly clogs. I'm forever tripping over the power cord as it comes straight out of the bottom of the machine and unless you keep a stern hold of it you will stand on it every time you move. It's unwieldy and heavy to manouvre. I could live with all this as I have only two carpets in my house and it IS great for stairs - I have 3 cats and a dog so shedding is a MAJOR issue especially on stairs. The suction is excellent though it does make it very heavy to move over thick carpet. My latest issue is the belt. It has broken and after spending the better part of an hour trying to remove the casing to get to the damn thing I'm seriously considering dumping it and getting a new cleaner.
In conclusion if you're looking for a powerful vacuum that won't break your back when you try to use it, doesn't mess up your clean floor when you try to empty it and doesn't need the biceps of schwartzenegger to do simple repairs then spend a bit more cash and get yourself a dyson, I wish I had.

• More than 1 year