Worst purchase ever!

Guest's review of Numatic Henry

Numatic Henry

“Worst purchase ever!”

Written on: 24/07/2012

We bought a basic Dyson back in the late 90's, and it was great despite months of DIY abuse (polyfiller dust, plaster, bricks, etc). Then we changed carpets and were advised that the brush would ruin the loop-pile and we needed a suction only cleaner. Research said "Henry" - what a mistake!

Dyson, I emptied after every use. Henry, filled the house with stench of stale dust/dirt. Sorry, I'm not buying bags for every time I use it.

Dyson was an upright, yet still had long enough hose to clean the stairs. Henry has such a short hose you can only do the bottom part of the stairs, duck the falling Henry as he falls down the stairs, and then get the Dyson back out for the middle two stairs.

After finishing with Henry, I have to get the dustpan and brush out to clean the floors properly. The walls are dented and furniture chipped from the stupid red grin smashing around behind you. It's also top-heavy so doesn't stay on its wheels, and constantly trips over the power cable.

Worst of all, after a couple of years, I thought the carpets were grubby so risked the Dyson on them. Shock horror they turned from grey to cream in one pass! Henry doesn't pick the dust up at all! It doesn't clean the carpets!

I've lost count of how many times I've had to glue the foot back together. Henry's foot is now strapped on with duct tape (another monthly expense as well as the dust bags).

We're now in a new house with more wood floors, so the 15 year old Dyson with brush is no good and Henry... well enough said!

Am now in market for a proper vacuum for solid floors. Henry? Definitely not on the shortlist!

• More than 1 year