Great at hoovering, when it works

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Miele S5261 Cat and Dog

Miele S5261 Cat and Dog

“Great at hoovering, when it works”

Written on: 26/03/2013

I used to have a cyclinder Dyson, and bought the Miele Cat and Dog having used it at a friend's house. It is a fabulous product, but it appears to be cheaply made and we've had one problem after another with it. The on/off button is very temperamental, the lid to hold the tools on came off (I look after my products too) and won't go back on, the bag claims to be full even when it patently is not, the hose likes to twist in on itself which is annoying, and now the black filter is screaming and won't sit in place and all loss of suction. Ours is around 2 years old now, and I would have expected it to last longer. It has been a nightmare product from Miele almost from the get-go. I wish I hadn't bothered persevering with it, and had taken it back to the shop.

I was delighted with the ability to suck up every last crumb, and now, I'm online checking out any other brand of vacuum. Really cross as this was not a cheap option.

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Mayjay40's Comment

Written on: 11/04/2013

I absolutely concur with everything you have said. I took mine back to Currys to be told I had to send it back to Miele. Miele sent me a box, I packed it up and off it went (via courier). It was returned a couple of days later, the on/off switch had been repaired - it was stuck to on - but the screeching was not solved and has just got worse and worse. I wouldn't mind but within the first 6-7 months of having it I recommended it to so many people on my dog blog page and now I feel let down. It is just over 12 months old and I am so disappointed.