worst theme park. waiste of money

express1883's review of Woodlands Leisure Park

“worst theme park. waiste of money”

Written on: 08/11/2012 by express1883 (1 review written)

On Thursday October 18th myself and my family 7 in total went along to woodlands theme park, where we paid around 80 pound for the family.
We arrived on park and started on what we thought would be a great day out for the family . We were told that there was one attraction on your park closed that day and a few bits of paper saying what times rides were open. We went to the first ride that was open where we found a sign saying " to use this ride please ask a ranger" we then walked around trying to find a ranger. After being on park for 50 min's my children then got to go on a ride. We then went to the next ride that was supposed to be open, where we found the same sign, we then went looking for another ranger. Which is more like wheres Wally as they where nowhere around again. After walking around we found a ranger in a red top, when asked if we could use the rides he just shrugged his shoulders and said " I don't understand I'm putting decorations up for Halloween" . After 2 hrs of being on park we had been on one ride seen 8 signs saying we could only use the ride if we found a ranger and 3 signs saying closed. Pottery place only open on weekends. We then went to the circus train ride and yet again a find a ranger sign, which after another 10 min's I did find someone who then told me " the person has gone to diner and taken the keys for the ride with them so come back in 30mins when they return" So I was now a bit upset about the way customers are being treated. I went to find somebody to talk to, I found a man in a red top again and asked if there was a general manager for the park , he told me " I don't know" then walked away.
I found reception and asked to see a manager to speak to. He arrived and said there was rangers around and that the rides where all open, and that it was me not looking for them. I told reception I was not happy and I was going to leave park because now in just under 4 hrs I had paid 80 pound for 1 ride and to walk around looking for rangers that where not there or to busy getting things ready for Halloween the following week ( forget the the customers they have this week). She sent the same manager out again , who told me it out of season and quite what did I expect. Well I expected something on park, if not why was the prices not adjusted to suit or for what was on offer that day it sould be closed completely. He then just thrusted a piece of paper in my hand and said tell them, it was a number for head office, I made a call straight away. Spoke to a lady that said I couldn't speak to anybody that would give me a refund because the manager of the park never had authority and nor did head office, only directors could do this. So I asked to speak to one, I was told no, the only way was write a letter. I was on the phone trying to sort this out a crowd of about 10 people were forming asking if I was talking to head office as they were also disgraced by the park.

80 pound is very expensive for a walk around a park with no rides and loads of litter and rubbish.

i sent a email as soon as i got home, this email was ignored , no reply, so i send another saying i was not happy about the way customers were treated and ignored when there was any complaints. as yet still no reply.

RUBBISH THEME PARK AND WOULD NOT RECCOMEND TO MY WORST ENEMY.

• October 2012

Date of visit (month/year)