Alton Towers is magic but could make improvements

Ezra478's review of Alton Towers

“Alton Towers is magic but could make improvements ”

Written on: 24/05/2014 by Ezra478 (1 review written)

I absolutely love going to Alton Towers Resort and go almost every year. I have been at almost every time of the year and it is amazing every time. However sometimes I feel service could be so much better. The park opens at 10 which I guess is decent for people coming form around 5-6 hours away as it gives them time to travel. Queues for tickets is mot that long unfortunately getting I to the park is very expensive you have to prepared to pay a lot. I recommend booking on line getting vouchers via newspapers cereal boxes tesco club card points they really do make it all that cheaper to get. The parking at the resort I'd really expensive considering the price you pay at Drayton manor. Depending on what time you get there the parking can be terrible. If you arrive a little late you could be walking half a mile to get to the entrance if the monorail is not working. If you wish to pay extra for express parking it is available on the website but at a hefty price , talking from experience but I wanted to be closer so I guess it was my fault. The park is huge which I love but it also mean lots of walking and the only other way around is the sky line which is why I really wish that they had some sort of train or vehicle to the other side as walking can take awhile and skyline is always really busy espically in the holiday. The rides are amazing they could be longer for the time you have to queue but if you go in the term time on a weekday the traffic around the park is reasonable but they must find a solution to this queuing problem because people by fast tracks cut the queue but people who don't buy a fast track or miss out due them being sold out could potentially wait in the queue for hours.

Best rides(in order of preference). Air, flume, oblivion, sonic spin ball, thirteen, Rita and the rest are pretty much average
Food =expensive but if you save on ticket then I guess it is alright
The park should be open till much later closing at around 5:30 is terrible if you go to theme parks in America they are open till 8-9 pm which is what is needed to get through the park and still want to stay at the hotel

• July 2013

Date of visit (month/year)

• All ages