Come on people, think it through! It's a great day out.

Guest's review of Alton Towers

“Come on people, think it through! It's a great day out.”

Written on: 14/04/2012

I have been to Alton Towers 4 times now (soon to be 5) and every single time I have not been let down. The last time I went was April 2012 and I thoughrily enjoyed myself 100%. People complain about prices and everything but a tiny amount of effort quarters prices. Because of a nice Tesco vouchers deal, my brother and I got in for a total of £23. The only reason why people feel ripped off is because they haven't even tried to get deals. As for the rides, they are excellent. Have never had a bad ride on all the ones I have tried and there are also plenty of other things to do as well. Queues when I went weren't too distressing even though I went in the holidays. The weather wasn't the nicest but I have been on other nice days and it didn't make much difference. Also, people complain about the queues but the experience of the single riders queue has improved on certain rides (Nemesis was one of them) and that did improve the overall day. Even so what a lot of people don't do is plan what they're going to do in the event of a long queue. All you do is look at the handily placed information boards which tell you the length of the queues and decide which rides you go on next. It's pretty simple really. The staff weren't exactly the borderline rude and unfriendly workers some people have made them out to be and in fact, all of the ones I met were perfectly nice. Maybe with time since some of these reviews they have improved. My only problems would be that the newer rides weren't all that great. The queue was long for Sub-Terra so I didn't ride it but I didn't really want to anyway and Th13teen or however you spell it was way too small to be as scary as the ads made it out to be. I'm a self-confessed wimp on the very big rides but I had no problems at all strolling on and riding it out. Maybe it wouldve helped if I hadn't rode Nemesis first. Apart from those small things, I had a great time and will happily return hopefully before the summer. A great day all round for all.

• April 2012

Date of visit (month/year)

• All ages