Amazing, yet not expensive!

• How do you rate the road handling?

Geoff C's review of Uniroyal Rain Expert

“Amazing, yet not expensive!”

Written on: 26/02/2012 by Geoff C (8 reviews written)

These tyres were bought to replace some very impressive Continental PC2's
On my Car, from my supplier, they were getting on for £20= cheaper. I had pre-conceptions about how they would handle and feel - but was wrong, in a very posative way! I was expecting great wet performance at the cost of dry grip and handling. These feel every bit as good as the Contis' in the dry! They are brilliant in the wet - and also on damp greasy surfaces. Where I was most delighted though was on ice and in snow - here the straight lines of the Continental let them down - if you want good grip in snow or on mud - then the Continental is no good to you, otherwise it is a great tyre. But the Rain expert was superb in the snow, I never lost my grip at all!! Sure if you drive silly they will no doubt slip a little.
All I need to see now is what they are like if it gets very hot, and also how long they last. But to be honest I am so impressed with these I doubt I will be dissapointed. Safest tyre I have ever owned to date!

• Renault Scenic 2.0 RXE

What vehicle are the tyres fitted to?

• How do you rate the road handling?