DO NOT BE LATE - BEWARE!!

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

paularidley's review of The Gate of India, Tynemouth

“DO NOT BE LATE - BEWARE!!”

Written on: 20/06/2011 by paularidley (1 review written)

After booking a table for my boyfriend and family, we arrived at the restaurant 10-15 minutes late. The 'Manager' had tried to call me and when I arrived I apologised profusely and he rudely told me in a very loud voice (in front of other waiting guests)....that "I should not book on a Saturday night if I was going to be late" and "that he had customers waiting."
Again I apologised and explained it was difficult due to the large group and he repeated his rude comments.
Taking into consideration the other 15 people in the group and the fact that this was a Saturday night at 9.45 pm it would have been difficult to eat elsewhere, we stayed.
We waited 45 minutes for a drink and it was obvious that the 'Manager' had instructed his waiters to do this to pay us back?!
Not to disrupt the evening any further, I waited until after the event and a formal letter has already been sent to the relevant personnel.

• Indian

Food Type

• Once or twice a year

How often do you eat here?

• Quiet/Refined