1st & ONLY time at the Plaza Tandoori Tynemouth!

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

SallyJew's review of Plaza Tandoori

“1st and ONLY time at the Plaza Tandoori Tynemouth!”

Written on: 25/11/2011 by SallyJew (1 review written)

Six of us had been out on a sunday afternoon the end of oct this year, two of our party eat regularly at the plaza, it was our 1st time. They do an interesting sunday night special, which we all chose from. We ordered mild and medium spiced curries, as none of us like hot! I had a mossalla, my husband, a medium one. At once i knew my food was wrong, far too spicey! My husbands face turned quite red, his curry also was far too hot! The waiter seemed oblivious! The only person to realise there was a problem, was the english bar staff who informed the kitchen at once. Well, the events that took place next have ensured that none of us will ever go back again! Out comes this Big chap to ask what the problem is, we explain that two of our meal's aren't as expected, when our friend Val, (the one who eats there on a regular basis)also confirms hers isn't normal either! This guy takes My food away, Changes it, then totally INSISTS that my husbands food is correct, with no mention of Val's. I thought this awful looking, sweat stained man was the chef, but apparently, he's the owner!!His mouth all stained red, and when he spoke (poor english)The halitosis didn't help any one!Standing over us,as though we were naughty school children not eating our greens! I've NEVER felt so uncomfortable in a restaurant! He STORMS off to the kitchen again & returns with mint sauce for my husbands meal,(which he hasn't been eating now for almost 10 minutes!)Demanding he put it over his curry! Another two couples have ordered by this time,and we over hear a chap complain to the manager,(whom is quite lovely)that he ordered lamb & was given chicken! The whole experience was awful! None of us could eat anything after all this! The manager did his very best to cover it, and the english staff (who's name escapes me)also tried her best. Here's a tip, Keep the owner in the kitchen to sort out the mistakes that are being made in there! Stay away from the customers, before you scare them all away,& Leave your servers to serve the food, at least they all look clean & can speak clearly!

• Indian

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all