MIELE T230C NOT DRYING

• Style

• Service & Support

WayneJackson's review of Miele T230C

“MIELE T230C NOT DRYING”

Written on: 29/02/2012 by WayneJackson (2 reviews written)

First out the traps - I've had this tumble dryer for several years and it gets HAMMERED! It has never missed a beat in all that time and I love it. Last week it stopped drying and it seemed to me that the fault was mine as I had not cleaned the condensor unit (front bottom, left) so it was blocked solid with wet fluff. I made a few telephone calls only to be told that the heater unit had gone and that they cost in excess of £200 to buy - and then you pay some outrageous sum of money to have it fitted.

So, back to t'internet and trawling around. One contributor on a forum advised that the thermostat is a one hit special - once it's tripped, that's it. He suggested, in effect, hot wiring the stat by bypassing it in order to check the heater. I did just that and the heater was fine. I then ordered a new stat on line which was £33 including delivery (still a STUPID price for a tiny part), fitted it and off we go. Works a dream. The cautionary tale here is not to let some service engineer stiff you for a full heater and stat unit plus fitting when just the stat can be replaced.

BTW, for those of you electrically minded, if you take the top cover off the dryer, there are two folded up pieces of paper stuffed inside the frame with the full wiring diagrams and complete parts lists!

• More than 1 year