Warning: If they make a mistake they will not correct it!

Guest's review of Make Your Own Jeans www.makeyourownjeans.com

Make Your Own Jeans www.makeyourownjeans.com

“Warning: If they make a mistake they will not correct it!”

Written on: 19/01/2012

When you order from Make Your Own Jeans it seems that you'll either have a great experience and get the perfect item of clothing, or you'll have an absolutely horrible and disheartening experience. Unfortunately, I had the latter.

I was so excited when I found a place that I could get 100% cotton denim fabric for jeans (my skin has a bad reaction to the stretch fibers in jeans these days)!! I placed my order and anxiously waited for the package to arrive. When it finally got to me, I couldn't wait to see my new jeans and wear them out that night. However, when I opened the package I almost cried. Rather than the medium scrape wash 100% cotton jeans I ordered, I received jeans that are such a dark navy blue wash that they almost look black. I could have overlooked that if the fabric hadn't also been stretch! In fact, they are stretchier than the jeans available in local stores!

I double checked my order information to make sure I didn't make a mistake before I contacted customer service. No mistakes on my part. After several email exchanges of the customer service department arguing with me, they finally requested that I send a photo of the jeans in question, which I promptly did. It is now over a week later and I have not received a response. I even sent a follow up email and re attached the photo incase they didn't get the original. Silence.

I've been forced to file a claim with my credit card company so that I can get my $88.00 back. Too bad for them, they could have had a repeat customer. These people do not stand by their product at all and have absolutely HORRIBLE customer service. Needless to say, this has been a nightmare. If you decide to order form them, I wish you good luck.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 31/01/2012

I had a similar experience, where they over charged me for my jeans on my debit card and tried to charge $3000 on a credit card of mine that kept saying the payment was denied. I sent them several emails about this and they kept blanketing my complaint with the notion that "they use one of the highest recognized currency exchange system" and it's essentially not their fault that they over charged me. Their customer service was AWFUL. It's really a shame because their product was great for my boyfriend. They will not be getting any more business from me other than negative reviews.