Pro tripod for a not so pro price

squishio2's review of FT-5601 Tripod

FT-5601 Tripod

“Pro tripod for a not so pro price”

Written on: 11/10/2011 by squishio2 (1 review written)

My Tripod arrived today, picked it up for £87.99 from fstopdirect.com
It arrived next day and I'm very impressed, it's very sturdy.
Not the lightest of tripods I've used and when packed down it isn't the shortest at 72cm. I weigh it at 2.3kg

However, sability makes up for it's size and weight, it's stable with my Nikon D200 + 24-70mm 2.8 Sigma and Flash on it and I'm sure it could handle a lot more.

The build quality in general is of a high standard, everything moves smoothly and has that 'guality' feel about it, the legs have three positions to spread out which brings it pretty low, if you then set the central verticle pole horrizontally brings the camera really low.
The bottom end of the central pole also has the standard 3/8 screw mounting which is handy if you wanted to mount your camera upside down for some reason, or i've found it useful fixing a second flash to it as it give the lighting a different perspective.

All in all, its a really nice tripod, it straps to my bag happily enough and the size/weight isn't that noticable.

Oh, the padded carry case is really nice too!