Don't get one

AdelynFisher115's review of Post Office Travel Money Card

“Don't get one”

Written on: 15/08/2014 by AdelynFisher115 (1 review written)

When taking out card wasn't told it was a basic card and I needed to upgrade it when received. Loaded £600 at time then loaded another £500 no problem.
Next day received text message from post office to contact them I rang and was told I could only load maximum of £750 and they would give me the money back that I had gone over by .
Was told it would take 3 days, when I hadn't receive the funds I rang again and was told it takes upto 5 days but if I paid £21 they could do it straight away.
5 days later still no money rang twice first time told to ring after 18:00 second time told to wait until Monday but they had upgraded my card so I could leave the funds on card , told I want my money asked if I could cancel card altogether they could do that but I would have to pay the buy back rate.
Just seems so much hassle when all I wanted was to feel that if was doing the best thing by taking out one of these cards but all it's done is give me a lot of hassle and stress.
And to top it all one of the advisors said that if I was going into Disney I wouldn't be able to use it .
I would say to anyone to ask more questions than I did and make sure you are doing the right thing as I feel I did the wrong thing and think it could end up ruining my holiday after reading some of the other reviews.