Don't bother with a post office travel card

Nickidavies's review of Post Office Travel Money Card

“Don't bother with a post office travel card”

Written on: 05/08/2014 by Nickidavies (1 review written)

I wish I had read these reviews before sending my 19 year old daughter travelling alone to Australia with one. It is declined in pretty much every establishment she attempts to use it, she has had to find a trusted ATM and withdraw all of her cash. She has now exceeded her top up limit (which when purchased we were told that this is automatically lifted when registered) In order to get this lifted she has had to provide further ID even though this was provided on purchase. She has finally managed to do so to be told that this limit will be lifted within 12 hours... Still nothing 18 hours later. I had already loaded more money on which was happily accepted at the Post Office in the UK but then failed to load so currently where is the money? I've tried to contact them and understandably they won't discuss the account with me,even though I have every piece of detail they require ,although I am able to obtain her PIN no for the said card through this automated service,but can't be told at which point this limit will be lifted and my daughter will have access to her own money. Disgraceful, avoid it at all costs. I actually rate the card zero but minimum rating is 1 unfortunately!!,

Me0909's Response to Nickidavies's Review

Written on: 10/09/2014

Hello - I had the same issue: when I bought the card I was assured it was possible to top up online with no further hassle. Real mis-selling!