Beware - More Hassle & costs then you think.

travellersp's review of Post Office Travel Money Card

“Beware - More Hassle and costs then you think.”

Written on: 29/08/2013 by travellersp (1 review written)

Post Office Travel Money Card.
I bought a US dollar card and was assured at the Post Office counter that it is easy to use, easy to top up and any money left can be transferred to your bank account. They omitted to tell be that if you want your balance returned you have to call up, wait up to 15 days for a form to be sent to you and then wait to receive the money, but that is not the worst part. You have to Buy Back the money at a different exchange rate than the one you paid and in my case was over £50.00 difference so at the end of the day this card cost me more than if I had just used my credit card which was the whole purpose of getting the card in the first place!!! Am I annoyed? You bet I am.
A phone call to customer service was a waste of time and the guy I spoke to sounded like he didn't know what he was doing, reading from a script and could have been drunk or just daft.

Lastly, be aware that most hotels will not accept this card on checkin and some will not accept it for payment.

All in all I really wish I had not got this card