Total rubbish

Fusionator's review of Post Office Travel Money Card

“Total rubbish”

Written on: 04/11/2012 by Fusionator (1 review written)

Was ripped off when I got them. Advised to load the cards with money when I go them at the office. They didn't tell me I would get a better rate online. When I used the card to draw cash it converted the euro to pound them back to euro again. When I got back I was furious and asked for the cards to be cancelled. This incurred a five pound charge. Then, to get my money back you are sent a voucher to cash at the post office. This incurred a poor exchange rate yet again to convert it back to pound (something other companies don't do). You then have to get your cash from the post office.
DO NOT use them. I ended up nearly £100 out of pocket from £500 of travel money changed. I logged a complaint by phone and in writing on my return which was ignored. I sent another letter of complaint asking for compensation and finally got a call from them saying they were looking into it. 2 months later they still hadn't replied. I called them and they have no record of the complaint.