TravelZoo a total ripoff

travelsailor's review of Travelzoo - www.travelzoo.com

“TravelZoo a total ripoff”

Written on: 08/10/2013 by travelsailor (1 review written)

Purchased a voucher for two nights at a hotel in DC. Hotel was full on all days voucher was good except for Thanksgiving. TravelZoo refused to refund the vouchers. $300 down the drain. BEWARE - DO NOT BUY FROM TRAVELZOO!!!
Tried to reason with customer service.The advisorĀ refused last name, told me I was out of luck and refused to escalate to a supervisor.

Travelzoosupport's Response to travelsailor's Review

Written on: 09/10/2013

Travelsailor,

My name is Cortni, and I am a customer service representative at Travelzoo. I am sorry to hear that you were unable to make your desired reservation, and would like to work to make this right for you. Please contact me at charris@travelzoo.com so I may learn more.

Travelsailor's reply to Travelzoosupport's Comment

Written on: 09/10/2013

I will certainly do that if you promise not to be as rude as the customer service representative I spoke to and refused to assist but just stated it was over 7 days since the purchase and I should have made the reservations earlier. I bought this in August but did not attempt a reservation until October 1st because the voucher was not good until after November 4th. I told him I thought it was reasonable to call two months before you needed the room and he disagreed and stated that he would have called immediately in August, so basically I am out $300.

Travelzoosupport's reply to Travelsailor's Comment

Written on: 10/10/2013

Travelsailor,

I apologize for your first experience with us, and assure you that we are able to further research your situation, and provide assistance with your availability concerns.