Refund for a medical emergency?

Cheddington's review of Travelzoo - www.travelzoo.com

“Refund for a medical emergency?”

Written on: 15/08/2013 by Cheddington (1 review written)

I purchased a voucher through travelzoo for an overnight stay with dinner, and breakfast the following morning.

The hotel was in the Cotswolds ( U.K) We were due to travel to the hotel today 15/03/2013.My husband was returning from Inverness where he works ,and on the way to the airport tripped and broke his wrist and was also knocked unconscious .
I rang the hotel to explain what had happend.I was told to call Travelzoo as they basically couldn't care less!
I was not expecting a refund of £120.00 but in the circumstances thought I may of had the option of being able to rebook this offer at a later date as the current voucher expires at the end of August.
But I was told that was not possible.Very poor customer service in view of the situation .........thanks Travelzoo I won't be purchasing any more deals.You do need to be more accommodating in a medical situations,don't think it would break the bank to offer me the same or another hotel deal!

Travelzoosupport's Response to Cheddington's Review

Written on: 16/08/2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We’d like to make this right. Please contact me at Local Deals Customer Support.

Written on: 19/08/2013

Thank you for your response.Please could you give me the telephone number of the Local Deals Customer Support .Many thanks.

Travelzoosupport's reply to Cheddington's Comment

Written on: 19/08/2013

Please contact me, Aisling, on the Local Deals Customer Support team. We look forward to hearing from you.

Written on: 19/08/2013

Thankyou Aisling but I don't know your number?

Travelzoosupport's reply to Cheddington's Comment

Written on: 17/09/2013

Our contact number is [removed], and you can call us Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. We look forward to hearing from you.

Written on: 17/09/2013

How can I contact you if your contact number has been removed?
Please supply a number or email.