Horrible experience with Opodo booking

flyfish's review of Opodo www.opodo.com

“Horrible experience with Opodo booking”

Written on: 09/01/2013 by flyfish (1 review written)

I booked with Opodo on 12/18/2012 for travelling on 12/24 between two Brazilian cities. They sent a confirmation notice and issued e-tickets details the same day as the booking. Since I later did not get any contact from them either by email or phone call. I presumed the ticketing had been made.. But when the three of us went to check in early morning 12/24, the plane carrier could not found our ticket information and said our tickets were not in their system. Stunned , we spend 3-4 hours tried to contact Opodo to get an explanation and rebook the tickets at the airport. However, Opodo replied that our ticket booking was cancelled on 12/19 and had e-mailed the same day the cancellation. But I could not find any cancellation email in my Inbox or Spam.
Opodo could not book any ticket for us until after new year. We were stuck at a foreign airport without any help from Opodo. Luckily enough, we finally ourselves booked ticket to leave the airport on 12/25 Christmas day, but we have to stay 1 night in hotel, taxi transportation, and other expenses.When we got home we contacted Opodo about this miserable experience and ask for some compensation. They denied their fault and gave excuses, one by one.
First they said they had notified me about the cancellation, and the payment was refunded; they have never been able to show the original cancellation email although we requested many times. Then they said there was a system error/ technical issue. Yesterday, 1/8/2013, they said it was due to the credit card payment being declined [the card has very high, much more than enough credit limit]. Ridiculous, every email from them was a lie.
If they made a mistake and caused a customer's damage, they should admit it and compensate it, but they just lied and blamed customers.