Website failed to book room, money held by Kayak.com anyways

NeverKayakCom's review of Kayak www.kayak.com

“Website failed to book room, money held by Kayak.com...”

Written on: 30/09/2013 by NeverKayakCom (1 review written)

I attempted to book a room through Kayak.com. Like many travelers I was on a budget for my trip and wanted to find the best hotel. Kayak.com took my payment information, attempted to book me a room, failed at the booking, yet still put a hold for the full cost of the room on my account. I called the number on the transaction with my bank and was told that they could not help me (offshore support company), so I placed a customer service form through Kayak.com's website. I received the email below as a response. Obviously Kayak.com has put alot of time and effort into positioning themselves as the middle man with no responsibility as to the successful completion of the booking, but as they took my payment information directly, I don't see it that way. I will never use them again and I have spent the last few days making sure my social media circles are aware of this company's shady business practices.

Email from "Melissa" at Kayak.com

Hello: I see your recent reservation processed by Travelocity. To help clarify, KAYAK provides an option to complete a hotel reservation using third party providers, such as Travelocity. All service inquiries are handled directly by Travelocity and their policies apply. For assistance kindly contact Travelocity at +1 866 270 2849, or +1 210 507 5997. Kind regards, Melissa KAYAK Consumer Services Rep