Do not use this company!

someguycalledtom's review of www.weekender-breaks.co.uk

“Do not use this company!”

Written on: 09/04/2014 by someguycalledtom (1 review written)

I booked a weekend break with this company via Groupon last month. It wasn't the cheapest of deals, but included a stay in a really nice hotel with great location. On calling Weekender Breaks to book my flights they said only late Friday night and early Sunday morning flights were available, but I could pay extra to upgrade. Wanting to make the most of the weekend I did so begrudgingly. I later looked into these flights to find the ones quoted to me didn't even exist - I suspect this is just a high pressure sales tactic to get you to part with more money.

When they sent through confirmation of the booking, it had a completely different hotel with far worse reviews and location. I queried this and they just said the hotel from the Groupon deal was no longer available. They sent over 3 more options, all just as terrible. Eventually I settled on one with OK reviews but miles out from the centre, as they insisted I needed to pick soon before even these hotels became unavailable.

In all, I feel ripped off and messed around by this company. I ended up paying way more that it would have cost me to book flights and hotel myself, and didn't even end up in the hotel advertised. Do not use this company!