It's a trick, customers must pay extra or get nothing.

MisterFitz's review of www.weekender-breaks.co.uk

“It's a trick, customers must pay extra or get nothing.”

Written on: 28/03/2013 by MisterFitz (2 reviews written)

I can only conclude that Weekender Breaks make a deliberate & misleading attempt to extort money from unsuspecting customers:

Having bought a £380 offer on Groupon for a three night stay in Budapest I was alarmed to be told by Weekender Breaks that my "dates are not available" & that "all of April is oversubscribed". The rep with whom I spoke then tried to convince me to buy a 'supplement' for a substantial additional sum in order to travel. While waiting to be transferred to the manager, [name removed], I could hear the same conversation going on in the background with a rep asking for extra money in order to provide the service customers' had already paid for.

I later checked the Groupon site only to discover that a new offer for exactly the same deal had been recently opened. This means that even though Weekender Breaks was aware that their offered dates were unavailable they were still knowingly & deliberately selling a product they couldn't deliver.

For those wishing to alert ATOL about this malpractice, Weekender Breaks' registration number is 10531.
To alert ABTA, Weekender Breaks are registered as Viva Holidays reg. no. L3508.

Misterfitz's Response to MisterFitz's Review

Written on: 28/03/2013

EDIT:
Having spoken with ATOL they suggested I contact ABTA re. a breach of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Act 2008. In their turn ABTA have asked me to obtain a formal reply from Weekender Breaks (also trading as Viva Holidays, Hays Travel, & others) in order for them to investigate further. As an ABTA member Weekender, Viva, etc. have 28 days to reply, so I shall report developments.

Groupon have confirmed "a full refund in seven to ten days", & expressed concern when I explained that the offer they'd re-listed was 'oversubscribed'.

67875Bob's Response to MisterFitz's Review

Written on: 28/05/2013

Happened to me as well!!!

Weekender.breaks's Response to MisterFitz's Review

Written on: 09/04/2013

Dear Customer,

We are extremely sorry to hear of the issues you have encountered while booking your holiday through Viva Tours and Travel Limited.

As advised earlier, It was clearly mentioned on the advert that Flight departure points, dates and hours are subject to availability and 'cannot always be guaranteed'. Supplements may apply if specific days get over booked.

Please refer to the Fine Print

Because our allocation from Gatwick flights was sold out on the dates you wanted to travel. We tried our best to accommodate you on from Stansted & Luton flights which unfortunately did not suit your travel arrangements, hence we couldn't redeem your voucher.

Again we can only apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind regards,