DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY

AmyReid's review of qwertytravel.com - Qwerty Travel Holiday Packages

“DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY”

Written on: 30/09/2013 by AmyReid (1 review written)

We have just been advised that our holiday to Egypt has been cancelled and will only recieve back half of what we paid. As they cannot get a refund on the flight and hotel. THIS IS A LIE. The airline have confimed a the would issue a refund in full. They will only offer a credit not for the rest of the amount.

To make matters worse when checking with the airline i discoved that they add and extra £100 on to the cost of the tickets compaired to what they actually paid.

They have proved in my case to be untrustworth and lie to you about what you actually pay both over the phone and in emails including the cost break down invoice.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!

By Qwertytravel

Written on: 30/09/2013

Hi,

We are really sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with us.

Could you please email us with your surname and date of travel and we can look into this as a matter of urgency for you.

Amyreid's reply to Qwertytravel's Comment

Written on: 30/09/2013

It is Reid - name as per post name and the date is the 16th November.

Qwertytravel's reply to Amyreid's Comment

Written on: 02/10/2013

Hi Amy,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have spoke with our admin team and the manager is working on this for you and will be in touch in due course.

Qwertytravel's reply to Amyreid's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2013

Hi,

Our admin team have tried to get in touch regarding your refund. Could you please call us.

World-Traveller's Response to AmyReid's Review

Written on: 05/10/2013

Hi,
Can you let me know if you got a satisfactory result from them? I too am having a nightmare and like yourself have experienced lies from them :(
I see others have also had bad experiences and Qwerty's only reply seem to be 'we'll look into the matter for you.' Let me know if they actually resolved anything, as mine still stands unresolved. Thanks

Amyreid's reply to World-Traveller's Comment

Written on: 07/10/2013

Hi,

I finally managed to get the refund, you have to go really hard via email including Trading standards, CAB and atol/abta/CAA quotes etc with the law on your side. i also found that including there MD in my final email seemed to help, i found that though linkedin and it was intial then sirname@qwerty.com. You have to go really hard at them and do not accept what they say. They will try to tell you it is a tailor made and not package but according to the law this is not the case if you book 2 or more parts to the trip it is deemed a package.

I also found that trying to contact the airline etc myself helped as i got accurate information and conformation they would give a full refund which helped in the argument that we had not cancelled this. Also a bad review telling everyone what they are like honestly may help.

I'm still waiting for the money to appear back on my card but they did confirm this would take a little while.

If you need anymore advise please let me know. i don't want to put to much details here initially as they also read this post.

Hope this is of help and good luck to you.

World-Traveller's reply to Amyreid's Comment

Written on: 08/10/2013

Thanks,
This whole process is becoming a major headache but as we're talking about £4,000, I will press on!
I wish they had made the booking process as difficult as the refund process as I wouldn't have booked it in the first place.

Qwertytravel's reply to World-Traveller's Comment

Written on: 08/10/2013

Hi,

We do want to look into this for you but I am limited to what information we can share on here. Could you please resend your email and put "Review Centre" in the subject line. Alternatively please reply with your surname and date of travel.