Very poor service

Debrich's review of qwertytravel.com - Qwerty Travel Holiday Packages

“Very poor service ”

Written on: 14/08/2013 by Debrich (1 review written)

We found a holiday on Teletext back in October 2012 that we rang to enquire about, we were told this holiday is no longer available but were contacted back that same day offering us a 4 star all inclusive hotel on the beach, flying BA with in flight meals and drinks, transfers included to Tunisia which was within our budget, they said that this hotel The Marhaba Beach resort Suisse was number 1 on trip advisor, we had a party of 13, 7 adults and 6 children, we all agreed this was exactly what we were looking for and said we wished to book, we were asked if we would like to pay an extra £20.00 each for a sea view which we accepted. We paid over £3000.00 deposit on 15.10.2012. We were then contacted in January to advise our flight times had changed and that instead of flying out 18.10 on 29.7.13 we would now be travelling out at 8am the same day, we advised this is fine and decided to book 5 rooms at Gatwick airport as it was an early start. We then paid our balance in full over £9000.00 in May and were all looking forward to our holiday, we had been trying to plan a family holiday for a few years now and had all saved hard to make this possible. We were then contact by Qwerty Travel on 11th of June to be told that BA had cancelled to flight and that we would need to rebook for another day, a message was left for me to ring their office on the Monday and I rang them as soon as I got in from work at 16.15 to be told that Tiffany was dealing with this and she was on the phone at the moment but she would call be back, I asked if that would be today and they assured me that would happen, I waited until 17.15 to be told by an answer phone that there offices were closed. I then spent an hour on the phone to BA to be told they were not flying to Tunis on that date but we would need to re-schedule. I then rang Qwerty travel at 9 the next day to be told that Tiffany was not in yet, I asked if anyone else could help as I was trying to rebook 13 seats to Tunis, they advised that it was only Tiffany dealing and she would be in shortly, waiting until 9.45 and rang back, then told Tiffany is not due into work until 10.30 asked to speak to her manager but again was told that Sam her manager also started work at 10.30, asked for a call back which I received at 11.45, she was offering us alternative flights for friday 27.7.13 which I agreed we would be able to do, she then told me sorry but all those flights had now gone, and she would try for the Thursday 26th, but they had also gone only had 7 seats and 6 business class that we would need to pay an additional £300.00 each for, I feel that if this had been handled by them on the Monday we would not of been in this situation. I asked what the alternative was and they said they would source an alternative holiday, we said we would travel to any destination but wanted an beach resort with kids facilities and would have to be all inclusive. I tried for several days after that to get some information from them but they were either on the phone and did not call back or they were "too busy" to speak to me. They were very offish and were not interested in trying to help us out even though they had our money, they eventually sent me some an e-mail with alternative holidays but the dates were well outside the dates we had booked off of work and therefore were unable to take them, we called the sales office ourselves and they managed to find us 13 flights with Ryanair (yes Ryanair) to Palma Majorca staying at Complejo Cala De Mallorca, but we found out that there are about 50 steps from the hotel to the pool area and again another 50 steps to the beach, we had a 74 year old who would not be able to make the steps and a 7 month pregnant lady who would also struggle, we called Qwerty travel and they just said that they could not offer us anything else, this was the 3rd July now and we were due to travel on 25th July, I'm sure all the good reviews are from people who have booked, had no problems and gone and enjoyed their holiday, but be warned, if you book and anything goes wrong they are not interested in any way, shape or form to help you out they are only interested in the sales side. We have had our solicitor send several letter but again had no response from them, they are now trying to tell us we had never booked a package holiday with them even though the Package Travel Regulations 1992 states that if 2 items or more are booked ie flight and hotel, flight and transfers then they should be replacing the holiday with the same as purchsed and this should be quality no quantity, therfore we given a sub standard holiday as we had booked only a few weeks before we travelled and we had paid out over £9000.00 for several months for nothing - please do not entertain them, but if you do you have been warned.

Written on: 09/09/2013

Hi,

We are very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with your recent booking through Qwerty Travel. We really want to look in to what happened in your case so that we can ensure it doesn't happen again.

Please email your surname and date of travel to us and we will make sure that this is looked into as a matter of urgency.

Written on: 10/09/2013

At log last some communication from Qwerty, as you will of read in my review, I've had a very bad experiences with Qwerty, even though I fully appreciate the fact that you were not responsible for our flight being cancelled and if thid had not of been the case we would of gone on to have the holiday we had bookes, paid for and hopefully enjoyed, we had such poor service from the customer service team that this caused the problems we had to entail. I've e-mailed, got my solicitor to write on 2 occasions, rung to check communication had been received by you but no had one respose apart from being told to put all communication in writing which I dis. So sorry to rant at you, I do appreciate your response and loom forwrad to some sort of explanation to my concerns.

Qwertytravel's reply to Debrich's Comment

Written on: 12/09/2013

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to highlight this. I have looked into your complaint and I am very sorry to see that your flights were cancelled. That must have come as a great disappointment to you. I also apologise on behalf of our admin staff if their response was slower than you had expected it to be – I know that many people were affected in a similar way and because of this alternatives sold out very quickly. It was of course a peak time for us so staff were under enormous pressure but I agree that is no consolation when your plans have been upset in that way, and I can only apologise unreservedly on behalf of everyone here if you felt your problem was being ignored. I can see from the notes on file that this was not the case, but I understand why you may have thought otherwise.

As far as your correspondence was concerned, I can assure you that we did write a detailed response to you on the 27th June. Unless the address we had on file was incorrect that should have reached you within one or two days. We will re-send it today but if you fail to receive it again, please email us to confirm your address as it may be that the information we have on file is inaccurate.

I would just like make one final apology and reassure you again that your experience is not representative of that of most of our customers. With this in mind, we hope very much that you will give us the opportunity to help you again at some time in the future so that we can restore your confidence in us and the service that we always try to provide.

Written on: 14/09/2013

Hi, would you please re-send the response you advises was sent on 27th June.

I look forward to reading the contents of this letter,
and read with amaizement your comments that my comments were not being ignored, I have noted down every telephone conversation, every e-mail kept on file including the 2 e-mails my solicitor copied me into to which I received no reply.
I look forward to receiving the letter of response you claim was posted out.
Regards

Written on: 23/09/2013

Hi there,

I just wanted to check that you received the letter we sent out on the 12th September?

Written on: 10/09/2013

Date of travel should of been 29.7.13 and the surname it was booked under was Bunyan, my surname is Scott and Mrs Kellje Bunyan faxed authofisation tonyiur office for me to deal with complaint which she rang your office and was advised this had been received.

Written on: 23/09/2013

Hi any update on the copy letter you were resending from 27th June 2013.?

Written on: 24/09/2013

Hi,

I tried to get in touch yesterday to see if you received it. Could you please email us your address as we resent the letter out on the 12th September so you should have received it by now. We may have the wrong address on our file so we will get it resent to the address that you supply.

Written on: 24/09/2013

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt response, the postal address is [removed]