DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY

Guest's review of YourHolidays - www.yourholidays.com

“DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY ”

Written on: 13/12/2013

Booked a holiday with this company - was promised an upgrade to our hotel room if I booked on the day we made the initial inquiry. Once I arrived at the resort I was told that we where booked into the most basic room the resort offers. I paid a significant amount of money directly to the resort for the upgraded room and contacted Yourholidays.com on my return. Their response is entirely inadequate and they are refusing to compensate me in any way.

Upon doing further research, it appears I got off lightly. They seem to leave a string of unhappy customers, some of which have been stranded abroad, all of which say that they take no responsibility at all for their mistakes.

I am currently pursuing legal action against them.

Fran_Alhama's Comment

Written on: 21/01/2014

I feel exactly like you, they promised me the same (an upgrade and the breakfast included) and when I got to the hotel I had NOTHING.
I also had to call them five times in order to get my plane tickets which I got just few hours before my flight!!

So, apart from the bad costumer service they are also CHEATERS, there is no other world to define them. Even in the website it is explicitly advertised the offer I took as a "Bed + Breakfast deal".

In summary; extremely disappointed with them. DO NOT book with this company

Elrg's Comment

Written on: 27/01/2014

Yourholidays Response -

Thank you for your comments.

As advised to you whilst you were in resort. As a company we constantly strive to make every aspect of the holiday experience enjoyable and it disappoints us to hear of your concerns. We can assure you that we are committed to providing quality service to our customers and to making continuous improvements in meeting customer expectations.

Having investigated your complaint I would like to take this opportunity to clarify our findings.
When you make a holiday booking with us, the booking is made by phone, where all calls are recorded. They are recorded for your and our protection for cases such as this one.

By law, we can only go by the verbal contract you made with our sales advisor at the time of booking, the contract is formed when card details are given. Having listened to this call, we can confirm you have only paid for and agreed to book Room only.

If our sales advisor had confirmed to you she was booking you on a bed and breakfast board basis, we would rectify the situation for you to the best of our ability, however you have been provided with what you have paid for.

We then issue paperwork, again stating what has been booked, in your case; all paperwork we have issued you states Room Only as the board basis.

We can only apologise for the misunderstanding that has occurred.

The costs of the holiday was also agreed by you at the time of booking.

We have provided you with a copy of the call should you wish to refer to it.

Taking everything into account, we cannot agree that you have been mis-advised on this occasion.

In closing, we do hope that despite the points raised you still managed to derive some significant enjoyment and benefit from your holiday.