Does it really take this long?

Guest's review of Worldwide Flights - www.worldwideflights.com

“Does it really take this long?”

Written on: 04/08/2014

In this digital age, we're very used to finding, booking and paying for a flight with a few clicks of a mouse. A process that in my experience takes less than 5 minutes from start to finish.

I haven't called a travel company for years and my recent experience simply reiterated why that's the case.

A 20 minute in-bound call from me to locate the flight, an email with the incorrect flight information then received. A follow-up phone call to correct the flight information. Another email with the now correct flight information. A confirmation email from me to agree the flight information. A call to take a deposit from my credit card - a deposit? just book the flight! Operator unable to take card details so am passed to someone else (hang on, didn't you call me for the card details?) - who still doesn't want the card number but sends an email with a link for me to input my card details.

Had I not been driving all afternoon, I certainly wouldn't have subjected myself to this farce.

Oh yes, I then get yet another call to ask if the e-ticket has arrived. I don't know, I'm in the outside lane of the M1.

Get home, e-ticket is in my inbox, hurrah. Go to carriers website to check-in - and the e-ticket doesn't work! you couldn't make this up...

Anyway, no answer to my email asking for a usable e-ticket number so head to the airport to be checked in the good old fashioned way - a bit like the whole booking experience!

All this and it was more expensive than had I waited until I had got home that evening to book on skyscanner.