Peace of mind in a crisis

DebHan's review of Wimdu - www.wimdu.com

“Peace of mind in a crisis”

Written on: 04/01/2014 by DebHan (1 review written)

Wimdu was excellent for us in finding accommodation that we could afford in Europe. There were five of us, my husband and I, two kids 17 and 11 and my 68 year old mother. We needed places with space, close to public transport and key tourist sights. The addition of kitchens and washing machines helped for a long holiday. The properties are varied and you can find something suitable very easily. Where Wimdu excels is in giving you peace of mind. The money you pay is secure until you get to the accommodation and are happy that that is what you paid for. When one of our hosts cancelled on us during our trip they were there to help. I didn't have a phone that was reliable for calls, so the staff emailed me through the whole process. They offered places based on our budget and the location / facilities we had previously booked and gave us the option of choosing something else on the site or having the money refunded. We chose to stick with Wimdu and they lined up another property, covering the extra cost for us so we were not out of pocket. What I like is Wimdu gives you the chance to be independent and select things that suit you best but they also give you back up so you are not all alone. My experience increased my confidence in Wimdu and confirmed that they were a top range group to deal with for an independent traveller. I know I'll stick with them in the future.