Don't get what you pay for!

Guest's review of Viva - www.viva-holidays.co.uk

“Don't get what you pay for!”

Written on: 22/10/2012

I booked a holiday via Groupon with Viva for a week ½ board in Corfu. The flights were acceptable but the transfer from the airport to the hotel had been 'overlooked' and having to call them on my mobile phone from outside the airport only to be told that I had to take a taxi and they would arrange return rather than collection was far from ideal!

Anyway - got taxi from airport - got to hotel only to find that we hadn't got the 'sea view' room that we had paid £100 extra for and that the hotel was 'fully booked' and that we could not be moved. I decided to leave phoning Viva until I got back to the UK (as I had already ascertained that the hotel couldn't move me so what could they do? and also so that I could on a land line not my mobile)

When I phoned upon my return (on a Friday)I was told that I should have phoned on the first day (although there was no way they could have moved us) but it would be processed but they wouldn't be able to phone me until Monday. I waited all day on Monday - no contact. Phoned on Tuesday and I was told that it had been referred to head office and that someone would contact me within 24 hours . I waited - no phone call. Phoned the following Monday (today) - told that the person I had requested was 'in a meeting and would phone me back as soon as he was available'. Two hours later still no contact.

I'm still waiting for that phone call - I'll update this when I hear back - but I won't be holding my breath!!!

Written on: 23/10/2012

Update - Tuesday,

didn't get call back at all so I phoned again - spoke to the original person who dealt with my complaint. He said that he had emailed the hotel and was still waiting for them but would chase again today.

He also said that my 'refund' would be confirmed by the end of the week -

Written on: 26/10/2012

well it's 3:20pm on Friday and still no contact (what a surprise!) I'll wait until Monday to chase.

Written on: 29/10/2012

Monday lunchtime..... no contact from Viva.

Emailed dissatisfaction to Viva enquiries and copied in Groupon - got a phone call from Viva within 8 minutes - told that I needed to supply account details so that the refund could be actioned!!! - will wait for the outcome........

Written on: 30/10/2012

Success!! - My refund of £100 was in my account this morning.

Why it took 5 phone calls and an email is beyond me. I won't be consciously be using Viva again.

Beachlover78's Comment

Written on: 29/07/2013

I and my wife are planning to book my trip to Crete next month. Thought of getting heads up and see what review centre has to say about them. Wasn't disappointed! I bet they work snap on grievance system because of the subject line you just mentioned. Because, they've refund your money irrespective of what review you wrote about them. I guess, I will be going with these guys. Will update here about my experience :)