Worst experience ever

Guest's review of Viva - www.viva-holidays.co.uk

“Worst experience ever”

Written on: 01/10/2012

After having read the reviews here I could safely say it looks like Viva Holidays wrote the positive reviews. What the negative reviews say is exactly what I have experienced with them: worst service ever.

I purchased a deal on Groupon to Budapest for 2 people. After sending them my details I was told I’d be contacted in 48/72h. After 2 weeks I still didn’t hear from them. I’ve just called them. They were extremely inefficient and lacking manners. Apparently the flights were sold out and the hotel was fully booked. I was asked to pay first £35, later £20 and with another person I’ve talked to it became £30 per person extra. Their strategy was to say 2 weeks before I’d have had to pay £80 instead. They could not tell me the date in which it became sold out. I spent over 45 minutes on the phone, during 3 different calls that I had to make because they were having problems with the line. They were really not nice, quite rude. I was offered another hotel in a very pushy and unfriendly way.

I asked to cancel the deal since I saw this company could not be trusted at all. They asked me to get in touch with Groupon and once I asked what was the possibility if I could not get a refund they said the deal was at the moment non-refundable but still sent me to contact Groupon! They were just happy I was about to end the call. Luckily Groupon told me I’ll receive a refund.

I’d not recommend this company to anyone. I won’t ever book anything with them again.