Totally let down!!

Guest's review of Virgin Holidays - www.virginholidays.co.uk

“Totally let down!!”

Written on: 02/11/2013

My husband and I booked a lovely hotel in Jamaica to celebrate our 30th wedding Anniversary. We were due to go on 13th Nov 2013 but yesterday, on 1st Nov they rang me to say there was a problem with their "system" and we couldn't go to our chosen hotel! They could only offer a different hotel which we did not want to go to! As there is less than 2 weeks till we are due to take our annual leave from work, there is little choice for us as we've found that many places are already booked up.Virgin Holidays made no attempt to help us find another hotel and told us they would refund us free of charge! I should think it should be free of charge! Bloody cheek!We now are very disappointed and unable to find such a lovely hotel at the price we paid originally! How can rooms be available then suddenly not? And why give us so little notice? And to not try and find us something else? Its beyond belief! We were going to book to go to the Maldives in January 2014 through Virgin but will never use them again and will be telling all our friends not to either!They have made a big mistake in treating us so appallingly as I will be spreading the word on what they have done to us!