Can't wait for the next one!!

Karla65's review of Vamos Travel

“Can't wait for the next one!!”

Written on: 15/11/2013 by Karla65 (1 review written)

We have just come back from our second weekend away through Vamos Travel. As a small company of 15 travellers with a wide range of interests it’s not always easy to find something that everybody will enjoy but I can honestly say that on both occasions there has not been one single complaint!
Our first trip was 5 years ago (celebrating the Companys 20th anniversary) and we chose to go to Iceland with minus 7 degrees and more snow that we have ever seen before! We experienced a once in a lifetime trip seeing the geysers, the amazing waterfalls and the has-to-be-experienced Blue Lagoon hot thermal springs. The peacefulness of the place is something that will always stay with me. Everything was made even more fascinating by the stories that our guide – the fantastically named Arnie Magnusson – relayed to us. Even now we still talk about it in the office.
This year to celebrate our 25th anniversary we decided to do the opposite and go somewhere hot and hectic and so we booked Marrakech. What can I say!! It’s everything we thought it would be – the sights, the sounds and those amazing smells!! Although a weekend is only a short time, we got a really good oversight of the country and traditions from our guide Sidi who explained the history of the country, the religions and the traditions whilst taking us on a tour of the palace, the Mosque and the all-important souks where we got to try out our bartering skills amongst the very excitable (but always friendly) market traders.
I can’t recommend Vamos Travel highly enough – I have had many compliments about the organisation of the whole trip, from initial destination recommendations, to booking, room allocation and even menu choices for both trips. I have accepted these graciously and haven’t let on that all I did was speak to Brett and the Team and they sorted it all for me….