Lima to Rio- Awful Tour. Wouldn't recommend to worst enemy

Guest's review of Tucan Travel - www.tucantravel.com

“Lima to Rio- Awful Tour. Wouldn't recommend to worst enemy”

Written on: 11/12/2013

I took the Lima to Rio tour earlier this year. Tucan travel was cheaper than other companies and this was my motive for choosing them. I wish I hadn't. The tour leader and driver were completely unprofessional and seemed to think they were on their own holidays. Drinking was the norm and we very regularly saw our tour leader stumbling about and tripping over her own feet as she was so drunk. We also had to endure the driver sleeping with a member of the tour group. Don't expect any real tour guiding to be done- as Tucan will tell you- it's tour leader not tour guide. However the tour leaders do not facilitate you exploring your chosen destinations- they only help you if you want to explore the inside of bars! Anyone with a certain level of maturity should choose another company as Tucan seems more suitable for people with an 18-30 holiday mentality. The lunches were also terrible and consisted of the same meal each time, a few meagre sandwiches and stale bread. In the end we resorted to not having lunch and going to buy our own when possible. Some of the accommodation wasn't fit for animals, we expected it to be basic- but not filthy and dangerous as some were.
If you are thinking of travelling with Tucan- please think again as it might just ruin your adventure holiday.