Booked, then they increased price. Rip-off

dkeith109's review of TravelUp www.travelup.co.uk

“Booked, then they increased price. Rip-off”

Written on: 08/03/2014 by dkeith109 (2 reviews written)

Skyscanner identified this firm as having the cheapest price for a forthcoming trip from London to Melbourne, so I 'booked' with them. Unfortunately, what wasn't clear (though was probably mentioned in the minutiae of their Terms & Conditions) was that I hadn't actually booked tickets, instead I'd asked them to book them (very subtle difference). They immediately took £1,350 from my bank account, then rang me 2 days later to say the price had gone up and they wanted another £100 (which made them more expensive than booking directly with the airline). I cancelled straight away, but they said it would take up to 5 working days to refund me. Why did they take my hard earned cash when they hadn't even made the booking??? And why do they advertise prices without being honest and telling customers up front that they haven't actually made the booking and the price might change?? It's questionable whether such practices are even legal to be honest. Definitely one to avoid. They made nice interest from my cash when at no point had they made the booking. Feel completely ripped off to be honest.