Avoid this company as they will treat you like garbage!!!!

Guest's review of TravelUp www.travelup.co.uk

“Avoid this company as they will treat you like...”

Written on: 22/01/2014

I purchased two return tickets for Jakarta Indonesia from Travel-Up on 23/12/12. The Airline was Qatar Airways which is a good airline. The departure date was 24th February 13. Fourteen days before departure I received an email from Travel up informing me my outbound flight had been canceled because all the new Bowing dreamliners had been grounded world-wide because of all the problems the planes had been having since they were launched only months before. I was informed we had been put on an earlier flight with Qatar airways departing hr 1.30 mins before my planed intermarry of 2 pm departure. It would have been very difficult for us to get to London Heathrow international airport earlier than I had planed. I phoned Travel up and they said there is nothing they can do. I asked them to contact the airline and arrange for us to be put on the night flight at 10 pm, I could see on the Qatar website that there was availability on that flight, though a lot more expensive. I said I will not pay any extra. They contacted Qatar airways and the airline said I have to accept the earlier flight or go on the later flight and pay the extra. To cut a long story shorter. I made more calls to Travel-Up complaining to them that they must put us on the later flight and they should pay the extra cost, not me!. Travel-Up started playing games by suddenly disconnecting the phone call or start playing waiting music without warning me, just to get rid of me of-cause!. My partner called them a few times as well and got exactly the same treatment! I wish I purchased the tickets directly with Qatar airways as it would have cost only GBP 50 more than Travel-Up. I knew about the new EU passenger compensation rules and went to the Qatar airways office in London. I had already called them but they told me that they are not aloud to deal with me until I am in Qatar, that is the law if you buy your ticket from an agent. So we went into the office and told them about the email from Travel-Up and they listened to our plight that we can not get to Heathrow for the earlier flight, the ticket staff were friendly and looked at the computer screen and looked back at us and said the night flight is completely full! I said I have just looked at Qatars website and seats are available. He said, well, they are all gone now and smiled at us, he then said we could go on a morning flight a day earlier if that would help. I said that is out of the question and told him that they will have to pay for us to fly with another airline or give us a full refund and GBP 400 compensation , that's the new EU law I said! He immediately looked back at the computer screen and said actually there are two seats remaining for the night flight, do you want me to change it. You have to fight and not just accept what they offer you. As regards to Travel-Up, they are probably one of the worst, they didn't email me the tickets until three days after I bought them on 23/12/12, and that was only after I phoned them and said I haven't received my electronic tickets by email. There excuse was its Christmas!

Ofakorede's Comment

Written on: 31/01/2014

I love everything but pls, keep the service up