Shocking & disgusting

Guest's review of TravelUp www.travelup.co.uk

“Shocking and disgusting”

Written on: 12/10/2013

This company has been responsible for causing me to experience what I can only describe as the WORST holiday experience of my life. After booking with TravelUp ten months ago, I have only now, today, received a refund for what should have been the holiday of a lifetime. I have been without almost £700 of my hard earned money for months because this company has NO CLUE about customer service. And before you think I'm thanking them for said refund. This has not been down to them but thanks to the decency and trust of my credit card company who disputed the way TravelUp have treated me and thankfully got my money back.

I booked a flight to Thailand in December 2012 to leave in July 2013. THREE DAYS before I was set to travel, TravelUp informed me with a casual email that my flights were cancelled. After trying and trying to ring and email them for almost 24 hours, I finally got someone on the phone who was able to speak English, didn't leave me on hold for 20-30 minutes at a time or actually HANG UP on me. Yes, that's right, that's how staff at TravelUp seem to have been trained: that if it's negative or a complaint, leave them on hold or cut them off.

I have been contacting them since July and finally a month later spoke to someone who said they would refund my money. This was then forgotten about and until my bank contacted me today and said they has credited my account.

The service I experienced was shocking and disgusting. I will never ever book with this company again and advise everyone to boycott them along with me.

Replytravelup's Comment

Written on: 13/10/2013

Thank you for your feedback and we apologise for the level of service you have received which we assure you is not the standard we expect to be provided.

The airline has the right to change or cancel their flight schedule at any time for any reason they deem necessary and as your travel agent our responsibility is to inform you of these changes as soon as possible.

If you could kindly forward any written correspondence you have by email with the subject Review Centre 2283453 we shall look into this for you and remedy as appropriate.

We look forward to hear from you
Travel Up Customer Service Department

Guesting1's Comment

Written on: 17/01/2014

I don't appreciate thus "bog standard" reply. Take some responsibility for the shocking lack of customer service Travel Up.

The airline is of course well within their rights to change the flight. But seeing as though the airline company your travel agent chose for me and guaranteed I had a flight with went BUST FOUR months before I was informed that my flights were cancelled is utterly and ashamedly UNACCEPTABLE.

I have since messaged your review centre as you suggested above and surprise, surprise heard absolutely nothing. Thank goodness for my bank because without then I would still be out almost £700 thanks to your joke of a company. I will never ever book with you again and have encouraged all of my family and friends to do the same.