rude management, poorly trained staff, illegal £ charging

Guest's review of TravelUp www.travelup.co.uk

“rude management, poorly trained staff, illegal £ charging”

Written on: 30/07/2013

I wish I had found this site before purchasing tickets via TravelUp. I would have stayed well away and would advise you to do the same!

Found company via skeyscappers. Purchased tickets through the company. Spent £3000 on tickets. There automated system issued wrong e-tickets. They then charged me another £300 per person to change the tickets.

Staff at the company regularly pickup call and put the phone down when they cant help you or lots of calls waiting...

Reservations and admin staff dont know there own T&C - making stuff up which management denied. Spoke at length with management and found him rude and aggressive. Basically told pay up or risk losing the entire value of the ticket.

Advised that we should have contacted emergency number but poor website design means that it is impossible find this information. Tried to provide feedback on why hard to find and management got really aggressive.

Eventually paid the extra £900 in total but am still waiting for the tickets despite my constant phone calls and emails.

Please please do not use this company. I am thinking of contacting watch dog and seeking legal advise.

Kind regards, Mark

Christony's Comment

Written on: 06/08/2013

I think I have just been talking to the same person you have been talking to. I rang to book extra leg room seats & found him very rude & aggressive. i travel in 2 weeks time & am dreading anything going wrong, I know I am going to have sleepless nights until I go with worrying. I wish I had read the reviews before I booked. If my trip goes wrong I will let you know & I will contact watch dog too. PLEASE keep your fingers crossed for me.

Yorkie5701's Comment

Written on: 17/09/2013

Did your trip go alright?

Christony's Comment

Written on: 17/09/2013

Yes thank you, it did. I would never book again with Travelup though due to their arrogance & the comments from their reviews. My holiday experience was slightly ruined due to my worrying about my flights. I paid by visa so I knew my money was safe but if I had paid any other way then I would have worried even more.