Awful. Worst Travel Agent Ever.

Guest's review of TravelUp www.travelup.co.uk

“Awful. Worst Travel Agent Ever.”

Written on: 30/07/2013

Sure they have cheaper prices.
Their customer support is APPALLING. Their response time is slow to start with and as soon as you try to ask for something from them they reply even less frequently.

They emailed me a few days before my return flight, saying the airline had changed my flight time and I had until 5:30pm the same day to respond implying that otherwise I wouldn't be able to get a seat. I'm pretty sure the airline did not change my flight - more like travelup changed it to a cheaper time, maybe to make them extra money.
Anyway, I wasn't able to get to my email until after their 5:30pm deadline - then read that the time had changed to an impossible time for me to make. So I couldn't make the flight. I tried calling the office: no response. Emailed: no response until 6 days later, at which point I'd pretty much given up. I emailed a response to them, etc, etc.

The long and short of it is that I missed my flight.

After MANY persistent emails and threatening legal action they agreed to offer me a partial refund - nowhere near a fair amount, but better than nothing. The refund would be authorized and cleared in 4-8 weeks. That was 9 weeks ago. After emailing AGAIN I've just received a reply asking for my card details to get the refund processed "as quickly as possible". Wait a minute, they didn't ask for my card details 9 weeks ago when they were apparently issuing the refund. Rubbish. Maybe it would have been quicker if they'd sorted it when they said they would. Or maybe if they'd do ANYTHING to help me out without my consistent and persistent emails flooding their inbox. I feel like Andy Dufresne in the Shawshank Redemption.

Anyway. Whether or not I'll actually get a refund remains to be seen.
What is very clear is that I'll NEVER be using this travelup again. Please don't you use them either. Abysmal is not a strong enough word to apply to them.

Oh, and many other reviewers seem to have had their flights rescheduled - presumably to make extra profit - some people even asked for more money to finance the rescheduling.

I missed my changed-at-the-last-minute-impossible-to-make-flight three months ago. I still haven't received an actual refund.

Don't book with travelup. Please.