refused to honour a confirmed booking

mossymav's review of Travel Unravel - www.travelunravel.com

“refused to honour a confirmed booking”

Written on: 18/05/2013 by mossymav (1 review written)

I booked an emergency flight for my wife to travel to a funeral in Manila. I was charged £585.00 and gave my debit card number. Received a booking - but I was not sure of whether or not it was confirmed. When I asked I was sent the same email - but with the word CONFIRMED in the title. I checked the next day and was told I could expect the actual tcket after 5.00 pm. Then I was told it would take 24 hours. The next day I was told that they could not honour the ticket and had found another airline where I would pay £799. I told them I was nopt i8ntretsed in such a direputable company. I lodged a complaint but, after several days, have had no response.
Totally dishonest!!

Travelunravelholidays's Response to mossymav's Review

Written on: 24/05/2013

We acknowledge the receipt of your complaint dated 18 Th of May, 2013 and are sorry to note its content and we would like to thank you for bringing the same to our knowledge .

Further to the issue raised herein, please be advised that this is certainly not we follow and not part of our standard procedures , We therefore naturally expect our employees to be attentive and friendly in every situation. We are sorry if our services level did not meet your expectations.

Also to rectify the payment as mentioned of £ 585 was never charged to your card .

Whilst we appreciate your dissatisfaction at present, but we hope we may have the opportunity to prove to you that this experience is not indicative of our usual high standards.

Further, we have passed this message on to our training and accounts department who will start an internal investigation. If required, new procedures will be put in place to rectify any issues.

Kindly forward your complaint to us at info@travel-unravel.com

We hope you would give us an opportunity to restore your faith in Travel Unravel and maintain an enduring relationship in future.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Travel Unravel Holidays

Mossymav's reply to Travelunravelholidays's Comment

Written on: 24/05/2013

I note that they do not dispute the facts as I presented them.

I claimed the difference between the original quoted AND CONFIRMED price and the final price they offered me.

I had NO REPLY to my complaint to them. They have my details and my email address.

At a hugely stressful time they caused extra stress and did not meet their confirmed quote.

A rubbish company - DON'T deal with them

Oharaboyce's reply to Mossymav's Comment

Written on: 23/01/2014

Hi. I am taking legal action against Travel Unravel, and would love to include your story. My goal is to have them banned from practice as they are clearly bad.
I will get backt o you within a week when I've gatehre d together the scores of people online who have been si,ilarly riped off.
Kind regards

Hroche's Response to mossymav's Review

Written on: 21/06/2013

Im sorry to say we had pretty much the same experience with this company we have also received nothing even in the form of an apology which is the very least they could do. We have ended up massively out of pocket and are now looking into taking up legal action.

Oharaboyce's reply to Hroche's Comment

Written on: 23/01/2014

Please take legal action - or maybe we shoudl all do it together? Over the next week I will contact as many peole as I can who have been riped off by Travel Unravel and we shoudl decide where to take out=r case, as well as piblicinsing it as much as possible through social media.
Kind regards