The worst customer relations dept ever,

Bontwoody's review of Travel Republic - www.travelrepublic.co.uk

“The worst customer relations dept ever,”

Written on: 15/08/2014 by Bontwoody (1 review written)

After raising a reasonable complaint with Travel Republic I was repeatedly fobbed off with replies that failed to answer the issues. My initial complaint and 1st reply are shown below I would advise anyone to steer clear of this company.

I wish to complain about the transfer that I booked with your company for the 20th July, from the airport at Malta to the Grand Hotel on Gozo. (TRN/8226326)\
\
On exiting the arrivals gate at the airport, there was no one waiting to pick us up. A man did approach us and ask us who we were, but ascertained that we were not on his list although he did have the names of other travellers who were booked with Williams Garage.\
\
After waiting for about 20 mins I phoned the emergency number and was told that the driver was on his way. I phoned again 25 mins after that to be told he was 2 mins away. He eventually arrived after we had been waiting over an hour. No explanation was offered as to why he was late.\
\
We were then taken to a clapped out old minibus where several other travellers were waiting. We were asked to sit in the front, where the seats had no seatbelt. The driver who was obviously normally resident in Monte Carlo and not Malta proceeded to race around the streets on two wheels, while drinking from a litre bottle of water and using his phone. As soon as he had dropped off one family and I had prized my partners fingers from my arm, we moved to the back seats, only to find they had no seat belts either.\
\
We eventually reached the ferry port at about 2.30am. The driver then asked us if we were being picked up at the other side! Since we hoped that we were, he then asked to use my phone and made 4 phone calls to try and arrange this. He then pointed us in the direction of the ticket office with no explanation of what to do as he was already organising a party of girls who wanted to know how much it was to town.\
\
Once in the ferry terminal to Gozo we were struck by how absolutely empty it was! With no one on duty or waiting. Eventually an old man, who was travelling, came in and informed us that the next ferry was at 4am. We eventually caught that ferry and found a very polite young lady taxi driver who completed the transfer for us.\
\
In short the transfer from the airport to the ferry terminal was a disaster, My partner and I have never been so scared being passengers in a vehicle. I do appreciate that the driving manner in Malta and Gozo is different to the UK but after experiencing several other journeys there, this trip was exceptional (not in a good way!).\
\
I emailed the company while we were there to complain and ensure that the trip back would be event free but the lateness of the pickup was not addressed in their response and I did not wish to antagonise the company whilst we were still reliant on them to get back to the airport. (I have forwarded the email to the email address you have given)\
\
In fairness the trip back was hassle free with a modern minicab and sensible driver.\

Dear Mr A

Thank you for your recent Complaint Form raised on the 29th July 2014.
We do aim to please every customer and I am sorry that on this occasion you are not satisfied with your experience of booking through Travel Republic.

Travel Republic is an online travel agent and acts as an agent to various travel providers. In the case of your booking, the relevant travel provider was Williams Garage.

I have relayed your concerns to Williams Garage and received the following response.

Kindly note that the clients had just missed the shuttle bus so that had to wait a bit at the airport for the next shuttle bus to turn up. Regarding seat belts kindly note that vans are not obliged to have seatbelts and that all our vehicles have MOT certificates.

In Gozo the client didn't wait for his shuttle bus to arrive and seems to have accepted a taxi trip offered by taxi drivers who are stationed at the port to offer their services. The client could have waited or phoned our emergency number to check were the shuttle bus was

Thanks
J

Whilst we hope you feel all aspects of your complaint have been addressed, if you need to contact us further, please click on the below link in order to submit further comments and reopen your case.