Beware if there is a problem with your booking

margaret999's review of Travel Republic - www.travelrepublic.co.uk

“Beware if there is a problem with your booking”

Written on: 21/02/2014 by margaret999 (1 review written)

I have used Travel Republic for many years without incident however please beware that if there is a problem with your booking there is no support from Travel Republic. I booked my holiday on 1st August to leave on Sunday 29th September. I was emailed late Friday afternoon 27th September advising me that my hotel was overbooked. I was told the name of the hotel they had transferred me to and I objected to their choice. I requested they transfer me to a hotel of my choice however neither Travel Republic or their hotel provider Jumbo Tours would consider this and directed me to their Terms & Conditions which does protect them in this situation. Jumbo Tours are not a member of ABTA so whilst you may think booking with Travel Republic who are members protects your holiday the fact is it doesn't and you don't have any protection.
I appreciate that this situation can occur but by showing some consideration and compassion to their client they could have made a difficult and stressful situation much more pleasant. It really put a damper on my holiday. I was also told my transfers would be amended but on arrival discovered they weren't. I had lost all trust in them by now and on the date of my departure I had to make my own way to the original hotel to be picked up for the airport.

Visit Mark Warner Holidays for Summer Sun 2017